Where You Go, I Go

4:54 PM

 Do any of you have a friend?

And by that I mean: Do any of you have a friend you would do anything for?

Anything, including the things you don't want to do?

Take for example, going to a movie. A simple thing. They invite you to see a movie with them, you say yes and ask which one, and they name one that you really don't fancy seeing. You take a while to mull it over.


Do I really want to see this? Am I only doing it to please them? Why did I even say yes without asking which movie? Why do I insist on pleasing them, anyway? They're my friend, aren't they? They shouldn't care whether or not I want to see a movie with them and know it's not them - it's the movie.


So, you text them. You tell them your bank account is dry. Which, admittedly, is part of the reason that you're saying no. Why pay for a movie you don't want to see? Would it really be worth it just to spend time with someone, not truly enjoying yourself?


And they offer to pay.

Well, crap. How could you possibly say no now? It's a free movie, plus you want to see them, so it's a win-win right?

Truth is, I don't know the answer to that question. I'm still trying to figure it out. I mean, it's not like I have "better things to do." If I didn't end up going, I would probably just sit at my desk and try to write for three hours before giving up and reading someone else's work.

So, dear reader, tell me this: Do you have this kind of friend?

and

How long did it take you to realize that you're a big fat pushover?

(You don't have to answer that last one.)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search