New blog, new perspective.

8:36 PM

I've tried this blogging thing before but it's never panned out to much. I start, I go on for a while, then I loose interest and forget about it. I think now's the time to change that cycle and start anew.

As a writer, I am constantly on my own case to write every day. Especially since I'm working on a new story, one that I'm very excited about. But with that excitement comes fear - the kind of fear you get when you don't want to be let down. It's even worse when you only have yourself to depend on. A blog seemed like an easy way to relieve some of that tension.

I think the easiest way to start this out and make it all official and stuff is to introduce myself.


That girl with the awkward smile? Yeah that's me. My name is Shardae but people call me Dae, Shar, and pretty much any other variation of the two syllables that make up my first name. I'm 19 going on 20 and am going through an early bout of a midlife crisis. I think it's normal when you're about to lose the -teen at the end of your age but that doesn't make it any less scary.

My hobbies consist of mostly artistic things. I like reading, photography, watching British television, listening and performing music, marathoning my favorite movies, and hanging out with the people who make my life interesting.

I want to write books for a living. Books with stories and characters that stick with the people who read them. It's going to be a tough journey but it's what I love doing and that's all that matters. I take my inspiration from amazing writers like J.K. Rowling, Patrick Rothfuss, Cassandra Clare, and Jim Butcher. I'm furthering this passion by perusing a degree in Creative Writing and loving every minute of it. 

Well, that's pretty much all there is to know about me.Next time I'll talk about a more interesting subject. Until then, lovely people!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search