Back from hiatus!

12:41 PM


[image from inthiaano.com]


Well, that wasn't really a hiatus, was it? It was more like a long-atus or something equally as scandalous.

There are a bunch of reasons I've been inactive for more than a year. One was travelling abroad last summer and starting a travel blog (which I was also quite bad at maintaining... are we sensing a pattern here?) but the other was my crazy senior year of college and not having time to do all of the things that I wrote about. Ergo: watching TV, keeping up with pop culture, and most importantly reading, was all basically forgotten as I focused on graduating and finishing up my writing degree with a bang.

In case you were wondering: I most certainly did. Here's some photographic evidence, courtacy of my Instagram page

A photo posted by Dae; (@xshar) on

Now, in my 2 1/2 months post-grad, I've had a lot of me-time. And by me-time I mean endlessly searching for jobs and wallowing in my self-pity. But that's the same thing, right?

One good thing has come of this, and that's been plenty of time to read, write, start some new TV shows, and even take up a new hobby: video games. Now, will I be writing about all of this? Probably. Since being away, I've kind of lost sense of what I wanted this blog to be. My original intention was book and movie reviews, but in all truth, my interests span much father than that. I'm always saying to both myself and others to "write about what you love" and if you don't, there's a good chance you're going to not be as happy with what ultimately comes from your labors. This isn't because you didn't necessarily put all of your effort into it - you probably did - but there's a good chance you didn't put your heart into it. At least, not all of it. Writing about what you love makes it easier to write from the heart, and that's what makes a good piece of writing.

Now, writing about books and movies is all fine and good, but since graduating I want to test my limits. I want to see what else I can write about other than what I've already done. I'll still be writing about them, of course, but they won't be the only things on the menu.

That being said, my first posts will probably be ones I'm more familiar with, such as books. This summer, I've probably finished about seven books, many of which were part of two series. Series overviews will probably in the immediate future, with me branching out about my video game escapades and then who knows? Travel tips, perhaps, to prove that my internships abroad was worth something? Only time will tell.

Until then, it's good to be back, and I can't wait to see what the future is going to bring. As always, thanks for readings, and I'll talk to you soon.

❤ Dae

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search