On stress and finals and all the other lovely things that go along with them

8:49 PM

It's that time of year again, folks.

Nah, not Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm talking about something even more disturbing with far less candy and cheerful carols.

Finals.

Each year, finals have been getting progressively more stressful for me. This semester, I have a paper for every class, plus three in-class exams, one take-home, a portfolio, and I'm performing in a holiday concert the Monday the pandemonium begins. Plus, I get to work all of Black Friday Weekend. It's safe to say I've been close to losing my marbles every day.

To help alleviate some of the stress, I thought it would be nice to put together a list of all the things that are helping me get through these next few weeks.
  • Coffee and tea - and lots of it
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer marathons study breaks
  • Equally stressed out roommates to share the pain
  • The light at the end of the tunnel - Christmas break
  • My new warm sweater-wrap I splurged on from work.
  • A heated apartment
  • Junk food
  • Sleep - and lots of it
  • Socks (preferably fuzzy ones)
  • The premise of finally having time for leisure reading
  • Warm showers
  • Netflix
  • Twinkle lights
  • Thinking about my upcoming summer in London
  • The hope that I'll finally get some time to work on my book after the semester ends
And that about sums it up. I feel much better. 

Now, back to work...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search